Oh, how life has changed since having children.
Our CD player now longer blasts rock tunes. In fact, it no longer blasts at all. All music is kid-friendly and of a moderate decibel level.
Our television no longer screens violence and swearing. In fact, it rarely screens anything at all when the kids are awake.
Our floors are no longer clear and free from obstacles. Wagons, toys, plastic food, flip out couches and books can and do appear anywhere. Everywhere.
Our fridge no longer carries blocks of chocolate to satisfy my cravings… haha, tricked you. As if that’s true! They’re just on a higher shelf than they were previously.
Almost two years ago, I shared ten signs that you’re a stay-at-home mum. Here are ten signs you’re a parent of young’uns:
- You can ‘read’ most of your picture books with your eyes closed
- You know there’s a difference between size 1 in the baby department and size 1 in the toddler department
- You have a Justine Clarke CD
- You have a favourite Justine Clarke CD
- You have a favourite Wiggles CD
- You have a favourite Wiggles line-up
- You have said something like “Please don’t put your brother in the dishwasher” or “No, you can’t have chocolate for breakfast”
- You plan your social life around feeds and naps
- You laughed when you read ‘social life’
- Your turn…
What would you add to this list? What’s your favourite Justine Clarke CD? And which Wiggles line-up gets your tick of approval?