I’m having a rough week. A could-have-been-so-much-worse-but-still-very-scary moment with the kiddlywinks has left me physically, mentally and emotionally drained.
I had grand plans for this, my final post of 2013. But.
I bought a gratitude journal in September. A little book in which I record three things I’m grateful for
every day whenever I remember to.
So, to round out the year, I thought I’d simply share some of the things I’ve been grateful for since purchasing it.
People, things, appliances; it’s an eclectic mix. It’s nice to read back over it and realise how much there is to be grateful for. And how many more things I’ll come to be grateful for as we enter 2014.
Here they are, in no particular order:
- One-on-one time with Mitchell
- Sleepy cuddles with Ashleigh
- Good books
- My coloured pens (a farewell present from a colleague when she finished work)
- Breastfeeding (specifically, not being able to forget to take food with us when we head out!)
- Washing machine repairers
- Pink band-aids (and their ability to magically make ouchies disappear)
- Baby monitors
- Daylight savings (which I actually don’t like as a concept, but which got me three straight days of both kids sleeping until at least 6.00am)
- Mums’ group (I really cannot imagine my parenthood journey without those amazing ladies and their children)
- Lavender (Ashleigh’s favourite bloom)
- Kind strangers
- Raincoats, gumboots and umbrellas
- Public holidays
- Raspberries (of the blow-them-on-your-children’s-tummy variety)
- Newborn cuddles
- Christmas carols
- Washing machines
- 25-words-or-fewer competitions
- Paramedics and nurses
- Long friendships
- Past friendships
- Blogging friendships
Thanks for joining me on the blogging journey this year, whether you’ve visited often, a few times, or are here for the first time.
I’m taking a bloggy break over the Christmas/New Year period, returning in January. May your Christmas and New Year be delightful, relaxing, exciting, all of the above or none of the above. May it be what you want and need it to be.
For me, that means a time for family. A time for hugs, cuddles, kisses and closeness. A time for laughter, joy and happiness.
And a time for sleep.
That’s my (abbreviated) grateful list. What were you grateful for in 2013?