This isn’t something new I’ve learnt today, but is something that was driven home when I became disproportionately excited about something I purchased recently.
Which inspired me to create this list.
10 signs you’re a stay-at-home mum:
- You’re excited by the purchase of a new tracksuit.
- Ditto pyjamas.
- You’re excited when you get to go to the supermarket by yourself. You wander the aisles. Slowly. You sample things being offered. You chat to the checkout person. You. Don’t. Want. To. Leave.
- When someone asks you how you are, you talk about your children instead of yourself. In your head, it’s the same question.
- Time simultaneously flies and drags. It feels like your two-year-old was a baby just yesterday – where did the time go? And yet this particular
hour minutesecond is taking a day week monthyear to go by.
- You have a hate/hate relationship with your washing machine.
- When you get something on your clothes – milk, vomit, food, anything – not only do you not immediately change, but you think you can get one more day’s wear out of it.
- Some days, the only grown-up conversations you have are with telemarketers.
- You no longer hang up on telemarketers (see point 8).
- Your turn…
What would you add to this list?
(A quick apology for my absence recently. It’s tough to blog without an internet connection. I’m currently camped at McDonald’s with a small fries propped up next to the computer, ignoring the death stares from the staff who know I’m only here for the free Wi-Fi. I should be back blogging regularly in a week. With far fewer grumpy renovation posts!)