- Getting five hours’ consecutive sleep on some nights. It might not sound like much, but it’s a vast improvement!
- The book Word Freak. (‘Heartbreak, triumph, genius and obsession in the world of competitive Scrabble.’ YES.)
- My husband’s back feeling (somewhat) better. Thank you to everyone who passed on their well-wishes.
- Watching Mitchell reach that stage of development where he seems to learn at least three new skills every day. Crawling! Clapping! Talking! (And coming soon – sleeping through the night! Surely!)
- The evolution of hugs. Snuggles are for sleepy time – now, when Mitchell cuddles when he’s awake, both arms are flung around your neck for a squeeze. SWOON.
- Ashleigh’s love of dressing up and pulling faces. Fun and funny all at once.
|My fun, funny girl.|
- International Kiss a Ginger Day (12 January).
|Kissing our favourite ginger.|
- International Hug Day (or World Hug Day or World Hugging Day or any one of the many different titles I saw!) (21 January).
- The return of TWIX PODS! (Who needs Tim Tam Chocolicious Bites anyway?!) (Me. I do. If you’re reading this Arnott’s, PLEASE send some.)
|Chocolate ban schmocolate ban.|
There you have it. There were lots of things to make me smile in January – it wasn’t all doom and gloom and sooky-la-la posts!
What made you smile this month?